[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Used backgammon boards needed

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 25 August 2015, at 2:56 a.m.

Over the years, through the USBGF Boards for Kids program, I have received dozens of used backgammon boards and the program raised quite a bit of money to buy backgammon boards, and I would estimate that we distributed over 200 boards to school kids and various organizations.

While I am no longer in charge of that program for the USBGF, I am still working with several schools in the Chicago area and I make sure each kid gets a board, and I still have about 20 boards in my storage room (I had to rent an extra storage locker in my condo building to hold boards, shirts, and other backgammon paraphernalia).

I have just received a request for boards for a new program to teach backgammon to people with disabilities and I was about to send them a dozen boards when I was told that because of their disabilities, larger boards would be highly preferable. Most of my boards are smaller, travel boards. If any of you have larger, used boards (I would say 16” or larger) that you care to donate, please email me and I will give you the address of the charity so you can send it directly to them (so I don’t have to pay extra for shipping myself.)

It doesn't matter about the condition of the board so long as all the pieces are there. If you don't have dice and cubes, I will provide them.

In addition to the boards I am offering coaching and help in setting up the program. The director of the program and I both believe if this goes well we can set up similar programs in other disability centers around the county, so any help people can provide will be most appreciated.

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.