[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Forced to leave blots...but where?

Posted By: Wolfgang
Date: Wednesday, 26 August 2015, at 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: Forced to leave blots...but where? (Timothy Chow)

b/22 13/9 is too big a play because it leaves three weak spots of which White is ambitious to attack: the blots on the 9-point and 14-point, and the blot on the 22-point. So, I think there are two plausible candidates at first glance:

• b/22 14/10
  • b/18

In my opinion, White's most promising game plan is to start a priming or blitzing game against the blot on the 22-point. For this reason, it boils down to the question: Does Blue want to get hit either inside of White's home or outside of White's home? When Blue runs to the opponent's barpoint, White will frequently have to hit from her midpoint to contain that checker. In doing so, White will weaken her overall structure, because her back checker loses its connectivity, and moreover, there won't be any pressure on Blue's midpoint. My favourite play is therefore b/18. Let's try to escape.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.