[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Carolina Invitational streaming announcement -- and request

Posted By: TarHeelFan
Date: Tuesday, 1 September 2015, at 11:39 a.m.

The Carolina Invitational starts this Thursday, and we once again plan to provide two high-quality streams. We expect to stream well over 40 matches over the course of 5 days. Our cost to do this is $500. I have a full time staff member dedicated to streaming and social media updates (including this forum). While we fully support the USBGF streaming initiative, we will not be working with USBGF this time. The USBGF fund would only cover half our costs, and the backgammon community has managed to cover 100% of our costs for the past two years. (Thank you! :)

So, we are counting on you again! If you enjoy the streaming, please make a donation. You can PayPal directly to me (be sure to state it’s for streaming), or you can donate via the link on our website -- in the middle of the home page. (that link goes to the USBGF Steaming Fund, but they will forward the funds on to me). As in past years, if we exceed the $500 needed to cover out costs, I will donate any overage to streaming at future tournaments (either via the USBGF, or a direct contribution to tournaments not working with USBGF).

Of course, we will also have a “Tip Jar” at the event, but you folks who are not attending are the ones who benefit the most. Please consider making a contribution. Any amount is welcome and appreciated!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.