[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Intermediate and beginners forum

Posted By: RobertFontaine
Date: Saturday, 26 September 2015, at 9:30 p.m.

In Response To: Intermediate and beginners forum (Bill Patterson)

Study groups would be amazing. Grouping by PR/elo range is likely a good place to start. I've set up my matches on Terje's database and quite excited about studying my weak areas with his tool.

In Denmark and Japan there seem to be models for teaching/learning backgammon. Mochy might have some ideas. I'm not sure who would know the education model on the Denmark side(?)

Phil has posted his general lesson plan a couple of times on the web and there was a seminar posted somewhere that proposed error categories for study.

I have no idea how many lurkers there are here but I am always interested in finding a way to reduce my PR.

Preperation of topics and positions for discussion could easily rotate through any study group of similar skill level.

Open Class player involvement could be good in that teaching forces you to learn your skill better or maybe you are just committed to developing new fish.

I suspect that teachers who have developed lesson plans for paying students won't be as interested in giving away their assets but there is plenty we can do to feed ourselves and make ourselves more teachable.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.