[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Tougher than toenails in Tokyo

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 12 October 2015, at 12:07 a.m.

I lost my second match but have won the rest and still alive in consolation, though my next match is Kenji and he has a great strategy for winning. Every night the past few nights he has taken me and a few others out for the most amazing dinners and got us all drunk, and last night was no exception. So I have to play him with a hangover this morning (it's now 9AM in Tokyo and 7PM in Chicago).

In chouettes and matches I came across some very challenging positions and I have already put them in a power point (9 positions) called "Harder than Hell" and I even had one Giant admit that he got every one of them wrong (as I did).

If you are not on my mailing list and would like the positions (in Power Point format) shoot me an email and I'll send it to you after I lose to Kenji.

By the way, losing my one match in the main really hurt, as someone gave me a $500 to $25,000 bet that I wouldn't win the tournament (64 player field).

I have played 6 matches and I want to tell you that I never had an easy opponent. Japan is going to rule backgammon for many years. They work hard on their games, as the Danes do, and they work hard to develop their youth program. Someday the rest of the world will wake up.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.