[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How to avoid oversights in checker play?

Posted By: Mislav Radica
Date: Saturday, 5 April 2008, at 5:49 p.m.

I like Chuck post before a week ago about this and compile some answers and add one more from WT and paraphrase Stick maxim on same theme.

"We completely miss seeing/considering an 'obvious' play which results in a multi-whopper error tag. Any suggestions on how to prevent these?"

Chuck Bower

"Before deciding on a non-trivial checker play or cube action, ask yourself if, to the best of your ability, you're sure what you're doing is correct. Forcing yourself to take a 2nd look at the position should help you avoid some of these oversights."

John O'Hagan

"There is a famous chess maxim that applies just as strongly to backgammon: When you spot a good move, look around for a better move."

Walter Trice

"When I find obvious hitting play I find best non hitting play and compare both plays."

Stick Rice

"I typically overlook a really good play for a pretty good play so I've trained myself to keep looking even when I find something I like."

John Little

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.