[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon Studio with alternative ways of displaying menus

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Saturday, 24 October 2015, at 2:41 p.m.

Hi!

After enjoying a few weeks in Japan (awesome!) I am back in Oslo making new improvements to my backgammon server:

It is now possible to select different ways of displaying the menus:

You can hide them completely which can be very useful on devices with limited screen space (typically phones).

You can have them displayed horizontally which can be useful on tablets. Hidden option should work fine on tablets too.

Or you can use the classic menu approach if you want. These can be changed in the settings/user settings section.

I also noticed that it was possible to put the site on the home screen on ios by using safari (I am normally using chrome) and using the 'Add to Home Screen' option. This is neat as it will remove all the browser ui which takes up a lot of screen space. I have just started looking at this so I suspect I can improve how this works some more. Is there something similar for android? I am sure there is.

I also added a new champion entry for most users... current champion is Norway! You can go overboard and recruit all your fellow players at your local backgammon club and perhaps your country will rise to the top? Will anybody fall for this? Crossing my fingers here... :-)

Did I mention that you can now specify outfield anchors when searching for positions? At least now I have:

This is useful if you're looking for a specific type of holding game position (and possibly other types).

Give it a try! :-)

www.backgammonstudio.com

TP

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.