[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Looking for "action" in Connecticut

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 31 October 2015, at 5:41 a.m.

I’m always looking for some action…some fun bets or side bets. There’s some tough competition in Connecticut. Don’t know how many in the open yet, but I do know there are a lot of great players. In no particular order:

Victor, Robertie, O’Laughlin, Ray are the highest ranked Giants I have seen in the room.

Others on the 64 include Hickey, Cole and myself.

Marty Storer certainly belongs on that list now that he is playing, and Raposa, Reklaitis, Pack, Cohen and Karen Davis have shown strength in recent times. Steve Hast is always tough and so is Roberto Litzenberger.

Again, I’m doing this from memory looking around the room and there may be other fine players showing up on Saturday that I didn’t see on Friday.

So what would be a fun bet? Let me see. I am willing to make the following bets (in order to have a bet you must email me and receive confirmation email back, and this must happen by 11AM Eastern when the draw sheets go up).

1. I will take myself, Reklaitis, Victor and Robertie and I want 1-4 that one of us wins the tournament (you put up 4 to 1 if you bet against us).

2. I will take everyone NOT on the Giants list (64 list includes Victor, Robertie, O’Laughlin, Ray, Hickey, Cole and myself) even money against the ones listed. If someone else on the Giants list shows up Saturday, they will not affect the bet. (For example, if Mochy shows up and wins the tournament, the bet will be who came in second.)

3. I will take 1-6 that I will cash (semifinalist or first or second consolation or first last chance)

Let’s have some action.

By the way, I love the fact that this tournament has baffle box “preferred” meaning that if either player requests it, it must be used. That is a trend I love. (Hidden agenda alert, I happen to sell baffle boxes!)

In one of my matches today, someone who said he preferred not to use a box didn't shake the dice properly and didn't roll properly...letting the lip of his cup scrape the board as the dice left his cup. Now, I know I could have made him use the box according to the rules, but since it was in a side event and not that important, I didn't insist. I am comforted to know that won't happen in the main event. It's just buggy as hell when people don't shake or don't roll properly and the box eliminates that problem. Also, at least once or twice a tournament there is a question as to whether both dice left the cup before a die hits the table. That's a good rule I guess, but almost impossible to prove and another problem eliminated by the baffle box, and believe me, if someone rolls really good or really bad, that can be a major problem. I know one guy I was watching at a recent tournament who rolled a hit-missing roll in a key situation and he wanted to take his roll over because he said they didn't come out together. Maybe they did or maybe they didn't, but who wants to be in this situation when the match is on the line?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.