[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

drawsheet mishaps

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Thursday, 10 April 2008, at 11:03 p.m.

The recent Pittsburgh ABT tournament had some bad happenings on the drawsheet.

There were several players who had 2 wins and 2 losses when they got entered into the last chance. They got slotted into a spot which would have required the most number of wins of anyone to win the last chance. Meanwhile there were players who had gone 0 - 2 who received a bye and thus started the last chance one round ahead of those 2 - 2 players.

It is very disheartening to go and see that no progress had been made. As a bonus slap in the face the player I had beaten in my first consolation game (when we were both 0-1), was one of the players who I saw was now starting one round ahead of me.

I looked and it seemed that a straightforward switching of places where people entered the last chance would have avoided that scenario without any negative consequences.

Who all has looked at how the byes filter through on the commonly used drawsheets?

Bob Koca

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.