[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

NY Metro

Posted By: Lynn Ehrlich
Date: Tuesday, 19 January 2016, at 8:01 p.m.

To all the New York Metropolitan Open 2016 attendees,

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all the players, my co-directors and amazing staff for their support and help In making the NYMetro the largest tournament on the ABT.

We kicked off the 2016 season with a record breaking attendance of 180 players of which 44 were beginners and advanced beginners. We have the 3rd largest beginner division in the world! Unbelievable!

Special thanks to Bill Phipps and Mochy for creating "USA vs The World." And to Bill again for finally making my dream come true of having a high roller event in NY. Without him this tournament would never have happened.

Also a big thank you to Michelle Steinberg who single handedly did all the streaming and recording for these 2 events along with matches from the main tournament and to her behind the scenes team that volunteered their time to transcribe all the matches. My thanks just goes on and on.

We did a few things a little differently this year to accommodate our 2 new events and your patience and understanding were greatly appreciated. I know that next year there will be many improvements due to all the wonderful suggestions and constructive criticism that we have received. We welcome your continued input.

The ABT is the backbone of backgammon here in the USA and it's truly overwhelming to see how much the NY Metro tournament has grown year after year and it's all because of YOU!

Additional thanks to the USBGF for their Prime Tournament program which is responsible for our $1000 added prize money.

Thank you all for your continued support. We hope to see you again next year!

Sincerely, Lynn Ehrlich

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.