[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Advanced search: Opening book

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Friday, 5 February 2016, at 1:48 p.m.

Hi!

In Backgammon Studio I recently added an advanced search option where you can set up a position and then search for this position in the database. For instance setting up:

will give you all the positions it finds in the database on different match scores.

The problem is that even if there are over 3000 matches in the database (also after I removed about 80 or so duplicates yesterday...) all positions aren't present at all the different match scores. You can see from the above picture that Gammon Save is missing.

I copied the XGID and made a position for gammon save and then imported it as a bookmark into backgammon studio:

and now this missing variation is also present in the search.

What would be sweet is to import a huge opening book that contains all the possible opening variations in order to fill up these missing positions. There is the xg opening book but unfortunately it is on a format which isn't easily usable by me.

What I need is individual .xgp position files which can then be batch imported into Backgammon Studio. Does such a collection of positions exist? If so can it be made publicly available?

Best regards,
TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.