[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giant 32 Results

Posted By: Paul Weaver
Date: Friday, 12 February 2016, at 3:32 p.m.

In Response To: Giant 32 Results (Jake Jacobs)

Many thanks to Yamin, Jake and Carol for putting an awful lot of time and effort into this project and for producing the list within two weeks of the voting deadline! My main complaint about this list is that once again I am way overrated.

Nack and Senk (at one time they were both world-class Scrabble players) had been on all eleven of the previous Giants' Lists, but have fallen out of the top 32. Nack no longer plays in tournaments, but is still the world's best backgammon analyst and writer by a huge margin. Check out his amazing posts here on Stick's site. Someone should collect and edit them into a book.

#57 David Wells plays in few or no tournaments, other than when he is invited to be on the World Team at the Nordic Open. I would love to have the chance to back David (for money or match play) against almost anyone outside the top 13 on the new List.

#23 Marty Storer has been a great player for decades, but until 2015, he played in almost no tournaments outside New England. I am very happy to see Marty playing in more tournaments, sitting on the USBGF board and now for the first time on the List. Hope to see Marty at a lot more tournaments from now on. Look for his terrific articles in the USBGF bi-monthly online magazine PrimeTime.

Many thanks to Carol Cole, who for years has been sending a complimentary issue of her newsletter to those who makes the List. In the past, this complimentary issue has contained more detailed info than appears on her website, including the names and countries of all the voters.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.