[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Where the hell is Chuck Bower!?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 22 April 2008, at 8:16 p.m.

I'm back, hopefully for good. There is no more to the story, I've been sick since after Cleveland (last Monday) Woke up Monday morning with a violent fever combined with the cold shakes, complete loss of appetite, and I will stop listing the symptons that were strewn from there til Saturday.

I went to Urgent Care on Wednesday, they said go home, rest, fluids, as I had been doing. Come Saturday I went to Urgent care again, they shipped me to the Emergency Room, the Emergency Room decided to get me a comfy little room in the hospital for a couple of days. It's the worst I've ever felt in my life for 6 loooooong days, as you saw I didn't post anything online which for me is absurd. Truth is I had zero energy, I couldn't get up, walk, change a dvd, take a shower, one time I even had to get my roommate to open a 'push and twist' bottle of pills for me. I imagined I had as much energy as any 99 year old.

Yada yada yada -- low potassium level (which I guess can be serious and mean heart problems though I'd never heard of it), kidneys were failing in the beginning, and, in the doctor's exact terminology, "a huge pneumonia". They worked their magic and I'm feeling a million times better right now but still probably only 70% considering a brisk walk would put me on my ass still.

I had to cancel my Vegas trip the day of, meaning I'm sure I got screwed on the flight $$$ and first night's hotel $$$ along with not owning face in the tourney itself. The rest of my tennis season is in the wash not to mention not having health insurance and being in for a few days for xrays, ct scans, etc... April showers better bring June flowers in the form of WSOP pawnage.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.