[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT AlphaGo: the gist of the matter

Posted By: higonefive
Date: Sunday, 13 March 2016, at 5:42 p.m.

It isn’t only about beating a 9p player. This event forces us to ask Gretchen’s question: How thinks the thinking a thinking outside human thinking? Algorithms, slaughter of drones, and now really powerfull neural networks. If a machine can master Go, perhaps even a turing-test.

Google will take this technology to real problems. Can we accept, as human beings, that an algorithm will decide, what the case is? On which AGORA of the POLIS it will be ruled out, to put a thinking outside the thinking in power and dignity? Google [NSA] or the POLIS?

The law of causation vanishes, autonomic entities like the ancestral and the burn out of the sun will be then the order of the things, and human thinking must accept the world of things and their appearance, instead of originating them by denoting.

Kairos, the critical moment, hidden between 1920 CPUs and 280 GPUs. Perhaps, time again for metaphysics. HAL 9000, from far behind: “I’m sorry Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Gottfried Benn wrote: “Europe, a bit of snot out of a confirmee’s nose. We want to go towards Alaska!” Google is already at the Klondyke, digging the claim.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.