[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Stick Vs. O'Hagan -- Live and Streamed

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Thursday, 17 March 2016, at 2:40 p.m.

This Saturday morning at 9AM Eastern, from the Ohio State Backgammon Championships, I will be streaming my lecture which will feature a competition between Stick and John O’Hagan.

The two Giants of Backgammon will compete in a form of “Duplicate Backgammon.” We will start with a very common position that is often misplayed and see how each of them would make every play in a preset game. We will encourage questions and discussion from the audience to better understand key concepts of play and cube action in this type of game.

In the event there are problems with streaming or you are unable to watch it live, we will also record the session and post it on YouTube for all to see later.

While I will have a nice prize for the winner, I also intend to "punish" the loser by rubbing it in as much as possible and give him a copy of Simon Hill’s “Backgammon for Losers” and require the loser to take a lesson from me.

A special thanks to Ben Friesen who will do the taping and streaming and we can blame for any technical difficulties. Note that Stick, John, Ben and myself are all certified teachers and part of theBackgammonLearningCenter.com.

Watch here for information on the streaming channel.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.