[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Possible Backgammon Projects

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 26 April 2008, at 6:56 a.m.

Even though I'm far from the most organized bg player out there it seems that lack of motivation or more likely, free time, makes me one of the pushers. There are many projects I can think of that need done and I'm sure a slew of others I haven't even had time to think about. Off the top of my head I'm going to list some projects that are either ongoing, in my head, or possibly finished as a way of patting myself on the back and realizing the last two years I've actually finished something I've started.

I would like anyone to add their own ideas for projects and would fall in love if I could actually organize another project that would be finished with the help of others (mostly rollouts are the time consuming problem)

• Opening Rolls rolled out obnoxiously for money - done

• Opening Rolls rolled out at all the 'standard' match scores (DMP, GG, GS, $) - done

• 2nd Roll Replies rolled out for money - done

• 2nd Roll Replies rolled out at all standard match scores - in progress

• 3rd Roll Replies rolled out for money - always in progress

• All controversial book problems rolled out and posted, yes, all books - in my head

• A great web site for real money play - always in my head

• A huge collection of non biased recorded rolled out matches of as many open level players as possible - currently pick & choose from various places online, nothing spectacular (annotated by players would be even better)

• A massive "test" of some sort, if you will, to be given out yearly to all who wish to participate trying to encompass as many aspects of the game as possible, giving a true idea of the level of the player. Details of this need seriously worked out - N/A

• A tournament in the US where there's no rake. I don't care how you pull it off, get it done. I will do it eventually if bg in the US never picks up.

• Video tutorials, even if they're pay tutorials - has always been an idea of mine, but I hate charging ppl for bg stuff. Something like this though would take a lot of work (and be boring as all hell to watch, but possibly worthwhile) so I'd have to charge for it.

• A new more precise MET. Why don't we have a MET that was created with as many fuckin' games as you want on 2ply/2ply? Sure, no human plays near that well, but I'd like to aim in that direction using the most accurate numbers I can get instead of settling for 0 ply.

• Someone who programs in Python and feels like working on GNU

• Scheduled online matches between good players, advertised, for others to watch, comment on, learn from. I would have no problem embarrassing myself in front of others if there was enough interest. I can also type like a coke monkey so putting what I'm thinking into the chat box at the same time would be np for me.

• MANDATORY CLOCKS FOR ALL OPEN LVL EVENTS YOU ****** ***!

Sorry, was that last line a bit harsh? So sorry, must be the pneumonia still...cough, cough. Not sure if I included everything, or maybe I got sidetracked, but I'd love some feedback.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.