[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

illegal moves and clock rules

Posted By: bob koca
Date: Saturday, 26 April 2008, at 3:30 p.m.

"4.3 ILLEGAL PLAYS. When a player has made an illegal checker play and the opponent wishes it corrected, he brings attention to the illegal play and hits the clock. The player makes a legal checker play, then hits the clock. If the opponent does not want the illegal play corrected, he picks up the dice and rolls (or doubles/redoubles)."

I see two problems.

i) Should it not first be agreed whether the move was in fact illegal? Whose clock is ticking then?

ii) Suppose that A makes an illegal play and hits his clock. B demands a legal play and hits the clock back. The clock is now back in the 12 second grace time so A's illegal action has gained him a free 12 seconds on how to play the move legally. Seems to me that the same penalty as in 4.1 should apply.

"4.1 MISHANDLING DICE. A player shall not touch or pick up the dice until the opponent hits the clock to complete his turn. A player who prematurely picks up the dice forfeits his per move deductible for his next checker play. The player on turn stops both clocks and summons the Director to claim the time penalty, unless both players agree to accept it. The penalized player must wait until his deductible has counted down to zero before rolling his dice."

Bob Koca

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.