[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another generous donation to the collegiate fund

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Thursday, 5 May 2016, at 6:11 p.m.

Thank you Robert Firring for a $1000.00 donation to the International Collegiate Scholarship Fund. This brings our fund to over $15,000 in cash plus another $12,000 worth of prizes to award to students all over the world.

Robert is retired and living in Palm Springs and recently fell in love with backgammon and has been taking lessons from Phil Simborg for the past few months. He also does a PodCast for retired people around the world and recently interviewed Phil, and in thanks for the interview, made this generous donation to the fund.

With my help, Robert has started an active backgammon club in his retirement community and plans to go to more tournaments around the world. Robert will be joining Phil at the Japan Open in Tokyo in October.

I am co-director of the Collegiate Program with Mochy and we are getting a tremendous amount of help from Matt Reklaitis, Leonardo Jerkovich, and my son, Dan Simborg, and federations around the world.

The more money and prizes we have the more we can encourage young people to get involved in this wonderful pasttime which teaches math, probability, risk/reward, good sportsmanship and social skills. You can help to by donating at gofundme.com/ehgb2v38

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.