[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Georgia recap

Posted By: ed olaughlin
Date: Friday, 6 May 2016, at 2:46 a.m.

I went to the we are all Georgians Georgia.I had already booked my flite to atlanta but victor alerted me to the $125000 guaranteed prize money so i took the loss and booked turkish airlines to Georgia.i think TA upheld its reputation as the worlds best airline. I played for the US team of Victor,Petko,Bob W,Stefen.We played UK1 in the first round and lost 3-2.i was impressed with my opponents play as well as most of the others i played in the tournament of course i was winning the 8 cube until the last roll.we then beat Russia 2 3-2.we then lost to Ukraine 3-2 and then lost to Japan 3-2. i lost all 4 matches. the 3 pre tournament favorites US,Denmark and Japan all were knocked out by the 5th round.Watching UK1 and Russia 1 play in the finals they definitely deserved to be there and with the score tied 2-2 it was dmp but serge didnt throw 3s or better on the last roll.there were 15 teams with the entry fees being 1500 per team and the guaranteed 25000 meant the added money was only 2500. In the main tournament there were 169 entrants with the entry fee of 500 and 100000 guaranteed this meant about 15000 added money.in the tournie i got a bye won my first played match and then won an 8 cube and led 10-0 but lost at dmp again i was impressed with most of my opponents play .is russia the new denmark? the tounament was well run with a friendly staff

the bad thing about the tournament my cups were stolen and tournament boards were being stolen .in monte carlo about 5 years ago a lot of stuff was stolen hopefully this been corrected since im going this year. Georgia is very inexpensive and the people are nice. all in all it would only go back if they added say $100000 extra prize money to the entry fees.its 2 hard at my age to endure 16 hr flites

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.