[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Falafel Vs. X22

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Monday, 6 June 2016, at 2:41 a.m.

On May 21st in Las Vegas, I had the pleasure of having lunch with two of the greatest players and legends in the game: Falafel and Paul Magriel (X22).

We began talking about different kinds of lectures and presentations and I invited them to try a contest I invented called “Challenge Gammon.” Each player makes his move and the other player can challenge any move or cube decision he does not agree with. They accepted quickly and I set up a 5 point match.

They only finished the first game because of time constraints (we were all in Vegas to do some coaching of students) but there were 7 plays that got challenged and 1 that was not challenged as they both got it wrong. (Don’t get me wrong, they both played very well overall, and I have permission from both of them to publicize their match.)

I put the plays into a PowerPoint presentation, and you can test your own skills on these positions. I went a step farther and invited Mochy to add his comments with each answer. I believe you will find this quiz challenging, and with Mochy’s insights, quite insightful and educational.

If you would like a copy of this power point we are requesting a $10 donation to the International Collegiate Scholarship fund, a program Mochy and I are directing. ( Of course, if you would like to give more, it is appreciated.) Simply paypal psimborg@sbcglobal.net and be sure to put your email address in the notes.

A big thank you to Falafel, X22, and Mochy for donating their time and skills to this program.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.