[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Betting is closed on BMS

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Thursday, 30 June 2016, at 11:46 a.m.

Well, Joe Russell and a couple of others told me I probably set the line to high on the over/under on bet no. 2 and the betters agree with him and I am lopsided there and will probably lose some bucks.

Others believe someone other than the top 5 will be in the top 5 and I was wrong to set the odds at 50/50 there, and my gut is they are right. Particularly Keene and Steve Brown could have a good day and any of the 5 might have a bad day and I lose that bet.

But it's fun to have this kind of action. I know, some of you frown on gambling, but if you don't like gambling: 1) don't do it, and 2) don't get out of bed in the morning.

Bets are closed as I'm getting on a plane. To those of you who bet, remember, if any of the 5 don't make it or anyone who has ever been a top 32 Giant is added, all bets are off. If lightening hits the building and they are not able to restore power, or the building is hit by a tornado and the tournament is called off for that reason, then I win all bets.

Oh, yes, there was one other bet. I won't name names or amounts but someone bet that Neil will have the lowest PR, and I agree he is the favorite as well, but with the other fine players in the game, while we both agree he is the favorite I did give him 160 to 100 odds.

For those of you who missed the window, here are the Bets:

1. Will anyone else on the list end up with a lower PR than any of those 5? (I see two or three who might, especially if one of those 5 has an unlucky day and has to play a big back game or two.) I think it is 50/50 that someone might end up lower than one of those 5.

2. What is the over/under for the average PR for those 5 players? I would set the over/under at 4.4 PR. I know that all of them are capable of playing at under 4 PR and most of them will, but remember, we're talking average. If one of them has a bad day and plays at 5, which could easily happen, that would raise the average.

4. What would be the median PR? If you throw out the top two and the bottom two, what is the over/under for the remaining one in the middle? I would put that at 3.6.

5. What is the over/under on the lowest PR in a single match played by one of those 5? I would put it at 1.6.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.