[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Backgammon Math Challenge From Monte Carlo

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 31 July 2016, at 7:33 a.m.

Here in Monte Carlo I am faced with an interesting problem and no one seems to know the sokutions.

Arkadiy wants one of my P40 boards. But its boring for him to just buy one.

So he's putting up $1000 against a board and baffle box.

We play money games with Jacoby and beavers and the first one who is up 9 points win. There is no Crawford rule either.

If i win 4 points and then he wins 2 I am up only 2. We've played several hours and I was up 6 and another time 5 but couldn't finish. Right now I am plus 1!

What is interesting is that nobody knows proper cube action for this game. For example when I am up 6 and double he could beaver and recube and we suddenly have an 8 cube.

So lets say it is a straight race. What percent winning chances do I need to give the cube if I am up 6 and at what percent should he take, beaver and redouble and at what percent should he pass?

There must be some way to come up with these numbers if I have 6, and of course what are the numbers if I have 5 or 7?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.