[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Is there a shortcut to reduce blunders?

Posted By: scotty
Date: Saturday, 13 August 2016, at 10:51 a.m.

I have recently had a very enlightening experience, which I wish to share with our backgammon community.

I have had some pretty serious health struggles over the past 5 years, and have experienced a most encouraging turnabout during the past few weeks, since I began taking Vitamin B12 supplements. Not only are my muscles more capable, (able to walk and stand with much greater ease), but my mind has become substantially clearer.

My doctor had suggested that my difficulties may be partly due to a dietary defficiency in Vitamin B12, and a google search showed that liver is especially rich in this vitamin, but also high in cholesterol, which is a concern for many health conscious people. Anyways, I tried some liver pate at lunch one day, and two days later, I realized that I was walking and standing with greater ease, and also thinking much clearer! So I started taking a multi-vitamin supplement. I won't describe it as a wonder drug, but it certainly has given me hope that I can partially or completely alleviate my disabilities. One person's experience is nothing more than anecdotal evidence, however muddled thinking was described as a symptom of B12 deficiency, in the pages I viewed online.

I recall that someone recently joked in a post here about a top player taking vitamins. Could his string of victories be partially related to taking supplements? We will never have a definitive answer to that question. However, vitamin B12 is readily available to most people here, and it might just give a person a subtle advantage in the game, and quite possibly reduce blunders.

Disclaimer: I don't sell vitamins or gain anything by any improvements to your health or ability to think over the board :) BTW, vitamin B12 is found in meat... could that explain explain the BK phenomenon? LOL

Good luck, and good health to all.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.