[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Let me clear my throat

Posted By: Stick
Date: Monday, 12 May 2008, at 7:33 a.m.

What follows is a series of rants. Who knows how many I'll actually get out before I get tired of typing, pissing, & moaning. It has no purpose other than perhaps entertainment value and me feeling better for venting. Stupid ppl annoy me too much, I think I need almost a weekly release.

1. 1. Ppl can't drive. They can't. Almost everyone would agree to this but I doubt any would admit to being a subpar driver. Let me list a couple of things that may key you in that you're an underaverage driver (in my eyes at least, and let's be realistic, that's all that really counts).

• You have one of those 'car ribbons' hanging on the back of your car. You know what I'm talking about(eg: http://www.senior2senior.org/images/s2sribbon.jpg) - I don't care what it says on it or what you support or if you have a good reason, such as a family member died of cancer, etc... I'm over 95% confident that anyone sporting one of these on their vehicule is a below average driver. Next time you're out & about take note, watch how they drive. If you have one or your own car, well ... tough break, the truth hurts.

• You're stopped at a traffic light. You're turning left, you have your left turn signal on. The vehicule on the other side of the traffic light, also stopped at the same red light, also having their left turn signal on, is patiently waiting exactly like you. The light turns green, they turn left, you don't, you sit there and wait for all the cars to go through the light. Are you fuckin' kidding me? License suspended!

• The left is what is known as the passing lane, get it? In other words, if you're not passing people and traffic is moderate, get the fuck out of the lane k? If you're in the left lane and doing 65 in a 65 with no reason to be there and I have to pass you on the right...then, when I do pass you I see you're yippin' on your cell phone, you'd better believe when I pass you I'm getting in front of you and making sure your brakes work. Juvenile? Of course. Road rage? Not really...ignornant ppl rage is more like it.
    • Cell phone in the car use, including text messaging. There's no way to know who is qualified to do this and who is not. It's not like you can pass a test and be permitted to use your cell, but I'd love it if that was the case. Certain ppl should not be allowed to use their cells at all, others should have complete freedom. My cell is always in the same cup holder in the car, if it vibrates I don't have to take my eyes off the road to find it, I know where it is. If I want to send someone a text message I don't have to look at what I'm typing, I've used it enough to be able to put in an entire msg & hit send without worrying about if what I typed is correct or not. These things alone don't qualify me to use my phone while driving, but they sure do lean in the favor of someone who can. Realistically, nobody should be allowed to use cell phones while driving, but again, if we're talking realistically, that's never going to happen. So if you use your cell, make sure you get your happy ass out of the left lane if you can't do two things at once and try to pay attention to the road.

• Stop signs >> the "re-stop". I'm not sure how often this happens other places in the world but here in chummy old Columbus, Ohio we have stop signs. We also have ppl who sort of stop at stop signs and get half way out there and decide to stop. Now, try to follow. the person behind them is actually stopped at the line where you're supposed to stop so once this person goes you don't need to stop again, or pull forward an inch and restop, you can go k? Pull on out if there are no other cars waiting, quit wasting everyone's time.

• The fact that once people reach a certain age they don't have to retake their test every year is sickening. Call it *ageist*, call it what you like, but it's bullshit they don't.

• I'm riding along with my cousin doing about 65mph, an animal scurries out in front of us, what to do? I know what to do, run the fucker over. Going that fast you don't have time to swerve one way or another to try to avoid hitting a small animal. She's horrified, asks me why I didn't try to get out of the way. After explaining to her I valued her life & my own more than the furry little animals' she understood but I know some ppl would instinctively jerk & swerve. Luckily she couldn't tell what type of animal it was so I lied ... if she'd have known I splatted a kitty cat all over the pavement ...

• Don't always assume the other drivers' are idiots. The best example is I'm in the left lane, the passing lane, and wouldn't you know it, I'm going slow? Wth you may ask? I viciously keep my eyes peeled for cops, coming off of ramps, stopped in the middle as far as my eyes can scan, stopped on the right side of the road possibly finished pulling someone over, in traffic ahead of me to make sure I don't pass one. This time I see in the middle lane there's a Statie and am able to slow down to around the speed limit before I get up to him. Doing everyone inbehind me a favor, I stay in the left lane, so the schmuck who isn't paying attn. doesn't get nailed like a drunk girl at a frat party. After a minute of jackass riding my ass and getting outwardly pissed, I decide to get in the middle lane, let him have a go at it. He starts to go by me and I put my hand out the window and give a sort of 'point & wave' that should signal "look ahead jackass". He takes the 'point & wave' as some sort of newage finger, flips me off, yells out the window. Shortly after we see his brake lights come on, go figure lol. He didn't breeze by the cop, he slowed down in time, in fact he slowed down enough he actually fell behind me, got in the middle lane, and both ppl in his car gave me the apologetic wave of "We fucked up, sorry, didn't know, our bad." I have to give them credit for that at least, most ppl wouldn't have.

I didn't even get to #2, hell, I didn't even finish a small % of my bitching about drivers. Enough for now though.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.