[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Transcribing matches

Posted By: Terje Pedersen
Date: Saturday, 14 January 2017, at 10:00 a.m.

Hi!

I just noticed a lot of errors in my server log on an invalid move and taking a closer look at where it came from I was rather surprised:

Here it was assumed that Tobias got 6-4 and moving it gives Tobias a huge equity error of -0.185.

The followup move by Phil is marked as an invalid move as there is no longer a checker on the 14 point so it is an impossible move. Looking at the video Phil makes a perfectly legal move.

This isn't the way to do it! If you can't tell what dice is on the board then use the dice which matches the move played (in his case 6-3). Both players at the table saw the dice and accepted the move played as valid. If you can't clearly see the dice then you should never overrule both players at the table!

Important: If the board you see in XG doesn't match the board you see in the video then you are in trouble. These can never be different if you want to make a correct transcription. At least I can't think of any cases where this isn't a transcription error.

So what can you do to fix this afterwards (better to avoid it to begin with). Well you can export a match to text:

3) 11: 8/7(2) 6/5(2) 64: 13/7 11/7

4) 63: 23/15* 15/14 63: Bar/16*

then manually edit this:

3) 11: 8/7(2) 6/5(2) 63: 13/7 10/7

4) 63: 23/14* 63: Bar/16*

save and import/analyze again.

Tobias now got 3.65 in PR instead of 4.07.

And now I have to go through all invalid moves in my database to see if any injustice have been done. There are 2154 invalid positions out of a total of 1791556 positions. Bugger! :-)

Best regards,
TP

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.