[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nactation question

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 23 January 2017, at 2:29 a.m.

In Response To: Nactation question (Igor)

.....54S-33A-F-C-T-42

...is fine.

These days, I usually omit either the C or T, as using both is redundant.

.....54S-33A-F-C-42
.....54S-33A-F-T-42

It may depend on which action I care about (usually the closer or less obvious decision).

If that determination doesn't matter, I use C (or C-T) rather than T because in case the sequence is long and there's a redouble, it may be easier to keep track of C and later R, rather than T in one or both instances.

At times, I use "CR" to indicate that although it's an initial double in the sequence, it would also be strong enough to redouble, while "CX" is in between (double but no redouble). Occasionally I use CN or RX when a double or redouble was made but isn't good enough, and (CG or) RG when a (double or) redouble was made though it is too Good. You can think of the second letter as supplemental information.

Sometimes I'll insert an N for close non-double, or an X for close non-redouble, and/or parenthetical numbers (for close or selective checker plays and/or cube actions) to indicate how many thousandths of a point by which a play is wrong (negative) or by which it beats the second best play (positive), mostly as notes to myself (not for file names).

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.