[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Remember Cleveland this weekend!

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Tuesday, 21 March 2017, at 3:37 p.m.

Cleveland will be a little sadder this week with the loss of Paul Berg, who always helps Joe and Fran running the tournament. But several of us including Carol Cole, Ben Friesen and I, will be pitching in as needed.

This "people friendly" event has been getting bigger every year, and while I don't know the statistics and can't prove it, I believe they get one of the highest percentages of return customers. It's simply a lovely, little lower-key, less expensive tournament. It's very well run and Joe does not "clutter" the tournament with so many side events that Sunday is a huge mess of trying to figure out how to get things finished before midnight!

I also enjoy the Thursday pre-tournament and the Friday ability to sight see (Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and believe it or not, other interesting things to see in the area). So I will get there Thursday.

Also, I am really looking forward to the Saturday morning lecture where Art Benjamin, Mr. MathMagic, will join me in a fun and interesting backgammon-math quiz. We'll have some very nice prizes thanks to the generosity of P40, who is also providing a board for the winner of the tournament. I will have another board to compete for if someone feels like gambling for it!

The Marriott is close to the airport and there is a free shuttle, and again, anyone interested in eating at a fantastic gourmet restaurant (at a very reasonable price for this kind of food) on Saturday night is welcome to join us. It has become like a banquet every year, and lots of fun.

For more information go to the website: http://www.ohiostatebackgammonclub.com/osbc-2017-abt-event-web-page.html

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.