[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GammonVillage "Restocking Fee"

Posted By: Dorn Bishop
Date: Wednesday, 22 March 2017, at 11:47 p.m.

So I was about to buy 6 different checker sets from the GammonVillage website to see which would go best with my new set (planning to keep 2 sets and return the other 4), Then I see their return policy: they make you pay not just for shipping and handling, but a 15% restocking fee for each item.

Now, checker prices range from $20 to $170 for a set of 15, and I was considering checkers costing $85 per set. So basically I would have to pay over $50 just for the privilege of seeing six checker options in person, just through the box (because original packaging can't be touched either). So I call the gentleman up, asking if he'd be willing to waive the fee if I purchased two of the sets I order. Nope, I'm told, because of the added time and expense required to put those boxes back on the shelf. When I pointed out the significant difference in price for checkers, I was told that the higher the cost, the more time and labor it takes to restock the items. I'm serious, as if it takes so much more time and labor to return $170 checkers to the shelf than $20 ones.

Have others had similar unpleasant experiences with GammonVillage?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.