[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My Not so Brilliant Idea Maybe--P40 Board

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 24 March 2017, at 11:26 a.m.

When Tom and the folks at P40 agreed to sponsor the Ohio State Championships and provide a beautiful, custom board, I came up with the brilliant idea that we should give the board to the winner of the Intermediate Division for a change, and Joe Miller (TD) agreed.

Why should Intermediates go to tournament after tournament and watch the Open players win a board along with all that money? Also, I believed it would encourage more intermediate players to attend (Open players already have plenty of incentives to come and a board for a prize wont make even one more open player come.)

Well, you should see how many people want to play in the Intermediate, including several that could easily play in the Open! I am already planning on buying more teams in the Intermediate in the Calcutta on Saturday!

And the other reason it backfired is Joe Miller won't let me play Intermediate, which is what I had planned all along when I made the suggestion!

We also have a second board that we will have a 4 or 8 man blitz competition and a beautiful board to the winner.

With all the support Tom Buckner and P40 has given to tournaments and to the USBGF, anyone who thinks he's in this business for a profit is full of it. And if you knew what the P40 board cost to design and make compared to what it sells for, again, you would realize that the man just loves the game and wants to do all he can to support it.

I interviewed Tom and you can read about it in the next issue of USBGF's Prime Time Magazine....I think it will open a lot of eyes about Tom and P40.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.