[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BG bot and server dice suggestions

Posted By: Jack Mack
Date: Sunday, 26 March 2017, at 9:26 a.m.

While looking at XG's site, I browsed on to their bg server site and info.

Being able to test the service while playing against XG bots and real people for $10/six months sounded very reasonable. That's 12 times the XG's trial period of 14 days, which comes to about a dollar per each additional 14 days.

Step-by-step instructions on how to "try XG forever", simply be deleting a few registry keys have been posted in RGB but that's a different thing.

That thought in turn reminded me of all the discussions about running trustable experiments by Murat or any other people against XG or any other bot.

I thought: "If a person could play against an XG or other bot, or other humans, on any bg server, and be told at the end of the game or session the seed that was used; and if that person were provided with a stand alone version of the same dice roller, this unnecessarily lingering question would be answered and the related problem would be solved".

After saving his on-line game or session, he could set the seed on his stand alone version of the same dice roller, on his own computer and verify that the sequence of rolls are the same.

I couldn't believe how simple it sounded that I thought I must have overlooked something.

Surely, in all those years, or decades, all those people, or just Tim Chow by himself, would have thought of this solution...??

If this can work, maybe Michael, Dimitry, etc. in RGB can stop looking for a trustable way to have Murat play an experimental long session against XG.

Just implement the above suggestion and let Murat or anyone else play against XG on XG serves.

Could be a money maker for Xavier too... ;)

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.