[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How do you deal with a Player who does these 3 things to put you off.

Posted By: Grant Hoffman
Date: Wednesday, 26 April 2017, at 11:33 p.m.

Hi, In the last contest I played in several of us encountered a player who did these three things :-

1) he would not stop talking.

Now if he was just a friendly guy, that's would be ok, but several of us (who played him) believe he is trying to put us off our game. He simply will ignore you if you ask him to stop.

I plan to talk Head phones to the next tournament he will be in, but any other suggestions would be welcome.

2) with some of the players, he would stare into his dice cup before rolling and say "oh, a 6 that would be useful". Again designed to irritate his opponent. I could not find an explicit rule against this.

3) Before doing 2) sometimes he would shake his cup gently (positioning the dice) before he made his announcement. A reliable player reported this to me. Personally I think this is cheating. As I was not made aware of it, until after the tournament. I talked with the TD, and we have agreed that rule of shaking the dice "vigoursly" will be enforced. But what rule is there against "positioning" the dice pre-roll. Of course he refuses to use a baffle box.

I had stepped down from being a TD before this contest, but think the new TD needs to be very firm with this player.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.