[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

London Open/BG Buddy Speedgammon Final

Posted By: Boop
Date: Wednesday, 31 May 2017, at 7:26 p.m.

London Open/BG Buddy Speedgammon Final - Aref Alipour vs Radu Ciortan (15 mins)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsx9DIpjOeg

Having watched it, what if BG Buddy was recording the time of every move/cube/pause/start/end of game along with the dice values and added this data to the video. Then a transcriber could jump to each move immediately, inputting them onto a board which then output a match file? When going to the next move the dice would already be displayed on the board, no need to select them. No squinting to see dice or rewinding the video to discern what any illegible dice may have been. Cube decisions would be entered automatically. All you would need to do is copy the move and jump immediately to the next position. Then hit export.

Well I have a proof of concept and I wonder if people would be interested in a completed version? It would really speed up transcriptions and greatly reduce the amount of concentration needed.

Of course I've seen those fantastic videos of dice/position recognition - maybe that's only weeks away from release and my idea is moot? Or maybe it will still be some time before the AI detects all the dice and illegal moves 100% correctly? I don't know.

Thoughts?

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.