[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

W/L percentage ranking

Posted By: Florin Popa
Date: Tuesday, 18 July 2017, at 2:52 p.m.

Don't you think is time to create something like this where data is available ? Usbgf has good statistics regarding, EBIF is quite new but even better because the matches are omogeneous, all to 13 points. I do, what we need is a common place where to store all the results, withoit a World federation is very difficult. We know who understands better the game thanks to BMAB but who wins more ? This ranking will not be perfect for some reasons but neither BMAB is, with enough data (300 matches for a player) it should be reliable enough, you can see from USBGF.

Don't tell me that best in ranking win more because is true only in certain part. If I give a no double and my opponent passes is a gain and not a loss as PR says.I did better than XG with my decision, if I do it many times wrongly I will be hurt in long run but why to assume it immediately and don't wait for opponent decision ? Results measure this skill as well to play under presure and when tired, my evaluation is its counts for about 10% of a strenghtness of a player. So a player can be underdog in a head to head match because of lower average PR but the chances to win a tournament could be the same.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.