[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Streaming in Colorado

Posted By: Karen Davis
Date: Monday, 25 September 2017, at 11:29 a.m.

I’d like to set the facts straight on streaming in Colorado conducted by Michelle Steinberg, a member of the USBGF Board of Directors and selfless volunteer. Ray Fogerlund has declined to be streamed by Michelle on numerous occasions. As I understand it in Colorado, Michelle approached Matt Cohn-Geier and indicated that she would very much like to stream his match with Ray and asked for his help but the issue wasn’t pressed by MCG. The USBGF provides modest financial support to ABT directors to support streaming ($50 a day which will increase to $100 in 2018). Selection of streaming staff and supervision of streaming volunteers is left to tournament directors. ABT directors do their best to provide a quality tournament experience both for attendees and those following the action online. All of us are in debt to the highly professional staff involved in these events. The USBGF is particularly fortunate to have the extraordinary effort and talent Michelle Steinberg devotes to streaming and transcription of matches. At my request, she also took on the additional task of posting photos of brackets throughout the Colorado tournament on the USBGF Facebook site. She receives no compensation for travel or hotel expenses or transcription, and tries to juggle her volunteer time with playing in the event. I would hope all of us would recognize and appreciate the effort of Michelle and other volunteers.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.