[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

New Backgammon Book

Posted By: stw672
Date: Tuesday, 3 June 2008, at 12:13 p.m.

Dear all,

Please forgive this shameless plug but I am hoping that enough people are interested to outweigh the spam effect for those who are not. As some of you might know, every November Michael Main runs an internationally attended backgammon tournament in London, England.

Last year we decided to put together a book celebrating the event. I am very pleased to be able to announce that the book is now published and is ready to order in both hardback and paperback formats. It brings together match analysis, photographs, reminiscences and anecdotes from the three day Live In London event in 2007.

Highlights include: Match analysis by backgammon expert Peter Bennet; A backgammon seminar by Chris Bray, backgammon columnist with The Independent; Quiz positions from the weekend analysed by Sean Williams; An article on the role of luck in backgammon by Simon Morecroft; A seminar on cube action in non-contact races by Adam Tansley; A history of Live in London by Mike Main; Match analysis by Nicky Check; Thoughts on the future of backgammon in the UK by Richard Biddle; A newcomer's perspective on the tournament by Michael Williams.

The full colour hardback costs £33.25 plus postage and packing and can be ordered from here:

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

The black and white paperback costs £5.95 plus postage and packing and can be ordered from here:

Support independent publishing: buy this book on Lulu.

The hardback looks great. The paperback is black and white and is much less polished - for example some of the boards are a bit grainy and the photos are poor quality. It is more for people who are only interested in the backgammon analysis.

Apologies again to those not interested. For those who are please order your copy now.

I am very much hoping to read a devastating critique of our efforts by Stick in the not too distant future :-)

Sean

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.