[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Lesser Mortals Neural Mind

Posted By: hominid
Date: Wednesday, 27 December 2017, at 11:33 p.m.

My wife purchased a copy of snowie for me on or about 2000 an expensive gift. I never really came to terms with it and was delighted to purchase a copy of extreme gammon with such an easy graphical interface and such detail in 2010. It was not long before I had the seed of an idea, could I determine cube decisions and game winning chances on a % basis and confirm them with XG? I produced CubeAid, I guess I had to put a label on it. One determines values for salient features in a position and total them for the eureka moment. From many many matches trawled from wherever, I listed them and messed with the figures.

In 2012 I sent a copy to two recognised players and a beginner who had just purchased XG. The beginner exclaimed,amazing extraordinary and more lol. The recognised players, not enthused at all apparently. I made it available via a dropbox to bgonline. I'm thinking that not a single person showed any interest. I play very little backgammon but enjoy the problems posted on bgonline. I boast "at a glance" ( its true) and such stupid remarks to irritate some as a salve to my irritation that no one appears to be interested in my theories.

I purchased Mr Olsen's book "From basics to badass" in 2015 I think it was the only one available in the UK. Skipping through it I noticed an early interest in giving values to salient features as a solution to decision making. Now in late 2017 its really rolling. Great minds!!

From my point of view working on the system gave me the ability to grasp situations very quickly a visual solution a neural mind maybe. The prime the count the runners etc a visual experience. My decisions became very accurate at a glance lol. Off course I have a strong knowledge Of roll odds ,timing duplication bearing in and of etc It seems Mr Olsen is appreciating the same experience in playing abilities. As I said Great Minds.

I guess being a lesser mortal likely to be ignored I should have tried harder to put my theory across . Unfortunately a five year lead has slipped away. Lets hope Mr Olsen's thoughts will be given more consideration than mine.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.