[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Ohio State Championships

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 14 January 2018, at 4:45 a.m.

Joe Miller, OSC Director, asked me to post a note about his tournament on BGOnline and elsewhere.

It is March 16-18 at the Marriott very close to the Cleveland Airport. It has always been billed as "the people-friendly" tournament because the entry fees are very reasonable, the scheduling is relaxed, and well, they just treat people the way you would like to be treated in every way.

I have gone there for many years without ever missing one, as I love the event and I do give a lecture, usually with the help of a great teacher/player such as John O'Hagan or Stick. And I will again this year.

I know a couple of people who refused to go to this tournament because clocks were not used. Well, now you can come because if either player requests a clock, there will be a clock.

Two other reasons to come: there is a nice warmup event on Thursday night, and also, every year a bunch of us to one of my favorite gourment restaurants which is a gem because the food is outstanding but at most reasonable prices for a gourment

The hotel is lovely and extremely reasonable, and I even like the food in the hotel.

We expect a big tournament this year for many reasons and hope to see you there.

Here is a link to the information:

http://www.ohiostatebackgammonclub.com/osbc-2018-abt-event-web-page.html

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.