[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Thank you from Texas.

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Tuesday, 6 February 2018, at 4:07 p.m.

We are travelling home today, so I'll post much more later. But I only want to thank the backgammon community for all of the great support. I hope everyone had a great time. Congrats to all of the winners -- in the major events Mark Antranikian in the Championship over finalist Ira Hessel (from San Antonio), Don Marek in the Advanced over finalist Lynda Clay, Steve Sax over Chris Trencher in the Malcolm Davis Longhorn Classic Masters, and Boris Dekhtyar over Sam Ahmed in the Alamo Classic Limited Jackpot.

I always get down on myself that I should do a better job but it is easy when you have the two best co-workers in the world in Tara Mendicino and Jesper Carlsson -- nobody does it better. All we got were raves about Jesper -- he will be back next year. Tara's streaming and on-line brackets were excellent, to quote a friend's message, it is the way a tournament should be presented.

Special shout-outs to many friends who help in various ways at the tournament. It means so much. I'll probably unfortunately forget a few but special thanks to Julius High for incredible work with the novices; to Ray Fogerlund and Petko Kostadinov for the demo DMP game; to John O'Hagan and Antoinette Williams for participating in the television coverage; and especially to Rory Pascar and Aaron Foust for so many varied contributions.

Much more later. Again, thank you all.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.