[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Book: Kageyama & Herrera: Opening concepts

Posted By: Frank Berger
Date: Wednesday, 21 February 2018, at 11:20 p.m.

while it is in vogue to complain about the data octopuses, some times ago Amazon suggested this book to me: Kageyama & Herrera: "Opening concepts". At Carol I haven't seen it at that time (now it is listed), at bgonline still no post ... Strange because one of the authors Mr. Michihito Kageyama is well know under the nickname "Michi" in the scene >: D

It's definitely on my desk :) I've just flipped through it, but I thought the info is useful (who knows when it's out of print). With 48 € for 230 pages not cheap, but how many high-class BG books come out every year? More than 1? So no matter.

He seems also to address beginners and offers rules of thumb such as "Counter an advanced Anchor with an Anchor Anchor". In any case, I'm curious, conceptually this seems a little different than the books of the recent past by Brockmann or Rosenblum. The KO author Herrera, who has made Japanese-English English, is certainly very pleased, but he is probably not quite objective. ; D

.... some weeks later...... .....

Now I'm through and it is a real pleasure to read. It is well written and I think most of us can take something from the book, for my part this is true in any case. Didactically, I think it's great, it takes the reader by the hand and has well selected examples, pointing out the content.

An absolute highlight and I'm looking forward to the 2nd band. I hope it will be published and is not only an announcement as we had several times in the past (I fully understand the amount of work, so no accusation just regretting :)).

best Frank

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.