[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT - Question

Posted By: Stick
Date: Wednesday, 14 March 2018, at 6:39 p.m.

I'm planning an extended stay at a tennis camp and touching base with the director I asked him if one of the pros who I like, Christian, still works there. My exact words were:

I'm hoping Christian is still working there. I texted him today expect to hear back but will still likely want another pro for the later in the day session.

I got a reply stating:

Hi Stick,

Yes, I remember you. Christian has left for a higher calling, not kidding. But sure we’ll find you a Pro to connect with.

My first reaction was he's dead!? Partly influenced I'm sure by the fact that Christian hasn't texted me back which doesn't make a lot of sense. I haven't talked to him in almost two years so it's possible he changed numbers. Rereading the sentence and taking a step back I thought maybe he went spiritual/religious?? The tone just doesn't come off as him having passed on.

However, Christian was European, Bulgarian specifically, and had been working at that tennis resort for five + years. He had never said nor hinted at anything in the least bit spiritual to me in all the time I've known him. He was also a serious tennis player having played Futures (low level pro events) and was roughly 32 years old now I'm guessing.

Is it clear to others what was meant and my grasp of English isn't up to snuff or is it ambiguous? I will ask the guy once I talk to him on the phone or face to face.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.