[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

2017 Giants of Backgammon--Congrats to Carol, Yamin, Jake and John

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Wednesday, 11 April 2018, at 7:22 p.m.

In Response To: 2017 Giants of Backgammon (Karen Davis)

I don't know how you did it, but this year's Giant list is clearly more honest and reflective of what a Giant's list should look like. After the previous lists horrible debacle which included so many people that had no business being on the list, and leaving off so many that deserved recognition, it is a real pleasure to see this current list.

We could go on and on debating what the criteria should be and who should be higher or lower, and we can argue forever about who doesn't belong on the list and who is missing, but the point is, we are back to where the list more closely reflects who is really doing well in the real world of backgammon these days and who deserves recognition.

I think the backgammon community owes you a big vote of thanks for your work in keeping this list going. It only adds interest to the game and pays homage to people for their hard work, skill, and contribution to the game.

More directly, to the top of the list, how could anyone but Mochy be at the top given his record, his BMAB results, and his many public contributions to the game?

Michy and Victor clearly belong near the top, which is where they are.

I won't get into my thoughts going down the list as I have too many good friends and personal feelings about so many of the people that I don't want to comment, except to say that while I am not entirely in agreement with the exact order, all of the top 20 or so players are quite deserving of being on the list.

Bottom line, great job and thanks!

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.