[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

My BMAB Statement

Posted By: Dmitriy Obukhov
Date: Saturday, 21 April 2018, at 11:40 a.m.

I would like to thank Tony, Volker, and Arda for professionally run election. Your work and time are greatly appreciated. I would like to thank board members for their time working on this project. This was not always easy but I believe we had a democratic election as a result. I thank all who voted in this election and I thank those who campaigned for me. Last, but not least, I thank Rick for 3 years of service to backgammon community and accepting results of the election in a gentleman manner. Without him, BMAB would not exist today and I hope he will keep contributing to this project.

As I have said in my statement we hope to build relationships sharing similar goals. It is a little bit early to talk about the details but the plans involve providing benefits for members of all organizations involved. If this idea works, and I believe it will, players all over the world will have extra incentives to play in more tournaments and all should win. We already started working on several such projects and they look promising.

I hope to make BMAB more transparent. Instead of looking at the data and thinking, “it must be legit because BMAB says so” people will have an opportunity to check everything themselves. Now, anyone can download most matches from the bottom of Resources page. I have been working in this area since August last year, and although this process is slow and tedious, I think it is totally worth it. Another idea of this project is that, if for some reason, I have to discontinue working for BMAB, the next guy will be able to take over where I stop without serious problems, delays, and difficulties similar to what I had last year when I had to recover all historical matches.

One day I hope for BMAB to have more decentralized structure. This way nobody will be overwhelmed with the work and BMAB will have a better chance to grow. Sub bodies (e.g. BMAB-USA, BMAB-Europe) will share ideas and resources and grow through natural competition. This way the data processing should also be more efficient.

Several people congratulated me and offered their help. Thank you! This is appreciated and very encouraging. BMAB can (and will) use help. Right now I could use the help of a programmer to automate some of the work done manually. Anyone? Another way to contribute is to play in BMAB tournaments or start an individual application. Or how about running a BMAB tournament in your own country?

If you read through the whole statement and still with me, that’s all folks.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.