[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Challenge Extended (Mochy!)--challenge accepted

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Saturday, 2 June 2018, at 1:15 p.m.

In Response To: Challenge Extended (Mochy!) (Stick)

I accept the challenge. Of course, just like my duel against Mochy, Falafel will have to spot me the cube.

I have been waiting for this opportunity for some time. Falafel did the commentary on my duels against Mochy and of course, that made the exhibition far more interesting and exciting.

But he was quite vocal about how bad I was playing in the second session and even bet Joe Russell that I played over 7.5 PR. I played 4.1 PR which is very good for me, and even better when you consider that I was holding the cube which is not a typical situation in early game play.

I want REVENGE. Let's see if Falafel can do better than Mochy did!

I am sure I can get enough people interested in backing me to bet on the result and PR bets as well (Mochy played 1.7 in that second session and only beat me by 6 points in a 20 game series.)

One of the reasons for a challenge like this is to see what the value of the cube is when a player is about 3 PR better than the other player. The idea is that it would be a about a fair fight. But it also tests the individual players' ability to play money games and read an opponent. This is something XG cannot measure.

I plan to get to Monte Carlo a few days before the tournament, so let's set the time and place.

Oh wait, I see the challenge was directed at Mochy. I will gladly let Mochy play for me.

If Mochy plays Falafel, it would be repetitive as they already did this....I did the commentary with Sander and Mochy played at 2 PR and Falafel played 1.9. I remember well as I bet on Mochy to win PR and Falafel never let me forget it!

So if Mochy and Falafel play, I would like to see a different challenge: first, a series where half the time Falafel starts with the cube and half the time Mochy starts with the cube. Second, a series of PaskoGammon games. Third, a series of the New BluffGammon game.

Now that would be exciting, fun, and a real test of their backgammon and gambling skills. I will be happy to do the commentary again as well as the streaming.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.