[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What is an "Intermediate" World Champion?

Posted By: Marv Porten
Date: Tuesday, 28 August 2018, at 5:45 p.m.

It is not my intention to diminish the achievements of all the players who have won the Intermediate World Championship at Monte Carlo. They had excellent results in lengthy matches over an extended period of time. I'm only questioning the concept of "Intermediate" World Champion. (Does anyone know if the trophy actually says "Intermediate World Champion"?)

By way of analogy, what if in the Track & Field world championships there were intermediate categories for people who couldn't sprint very fast or couldn't throw the discus very far. So Usain Bolt is the sprint world champion (running 9.58 for 100 meters) and some guy from Dubuque is the intermediate sprint world champion (running 12.25 for 100 meters)? Doesn't make sense to me.

And what if there's an XG analysis of the intermediate champion's backgammon matches and the PR is consistently between 4 and 5. Is the winner disqualified for entering the wrong division? Should the intermediate winner be required to have an XG intermediate PR of 12.5 or higher?

With all that said, what is (or what should be) the intermediate world champion in backgammon?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.