[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chouette extras: Consultation and further redoubles

Posted By: Axel Reichert
Date: Wednesday, 3 October 2018, at 11:19 p.m.

Hi all,

recently, in our Munich chouette we discovered that our rules concerning extras are not as clear-cut as they should be (and no, we were not hampered by any Oktoberfest beers).

Hence, I decided to review what is out there regarding chouette variants and motivation for these variants. It seems I opened a can of worms, so I have a couple of questions:

1. What are the reasons to allow extras for initial doubles, but not for redoubles?

2. What are the reasons to allow extras only for teams larger than a particular number, say, 3?

3. If an extra is given, should the dropper pay 1 point to the lone taker or half the value of the dropped cube? (This corresponds to the question whether the taker gets the dropper's cube on 2 or on the value of the dropped cube?

4. What are the reasons for allowing consulting of the droppers only after a redouble of the lone taker? What are the reasons for allowing consulting never/immediately?

6. What happens if the box drops the recube of the lone taker? Will one of her new teammates (the former droppers) become "acting box" according to rotation rules, if they take? Or will the box play on, even if she has no stakes left in games?

7. What happens if only one of the new teammates (consisting of the box and the former droppers) takes? Are further extra situations treated correspondingly?

8. What about prohibiting not only consulting by the droppers, but also further cube action?

To summarize, it seems the start of the "extra" fun is clear, but then it quickly becomes complicated. Comments appreciated.

Best regards

Axel

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.