[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

making tournament more attractive to money players

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Friday, 5 October 2018, at 6:44 a.m.

Perry and I are running a High Roller tournament in the Bahamas Dec 7-14. We realize that many money players steer clear of tournaments because they are not comfortable with Match play.

I have created a way to combine money game play with match play in a competition I call "Money Matches." We will be offering this as a side event at our tournament in the Bahamas as well as our tournament in Jamaica May 14-21. I hope it will become a side event at more tournaments around the world.

FYI I am currently working on another High Roller event where the entire event will be Money Matches, and I am working on some venues that offer backgammon to Poker players, and Poker players and other newbies will have a much easier time transitioning to Backgammon playing Money Matches.

Here is how it works:

Money Matches

Players pay an entry fee of $1,000 to enter a Money Match Tournament with 8 players. (We will also offer $3000 entry fees if there is enough demand)

There is a random draw and tournament format, just like a normal tournament. In round 1 Player A plays Player B money games for 1 hour. If a player gets ahead by 16 points before the hour is up, he wins the match. Beavers are not allowed and no cube can go higher than 8.

Players are clocked so there is no stalling. 12 second delay and a total of 5 minutes in the bank.

When the hour is up, players finish whatever game they have started, and then the winner is the player with the most points. $400 is allocated to that match and it is split based on points won by each player. (If one player has 8 points and one player has 4 points, the player with 8 points gets 2/3 of the $400 and the other player gets 1/3). If the score is tied, they play a 1-point game and the winner gets $250 and the loser gets $150, but the winner gets to move to the second round.

In Round 2 there are 4 players left. Winners play winners on the same format and the payout is the same as above.

Round 3 is the final round and is played for the balance of the money ($5600). However, the loser will at least get his entry fee back.

(Depending on time available, we might run matches for 1.5 hours, and of course, players are free to make additional wagers.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.