[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Outstanding CS

Posted By: Colin Owen
Date: Monday, 24 December 2018, at 12:18 a.m.

Recently, I ordered two boards from GammonVillage via American-Wholesaler Inc. based here in the UK. Unfortunately the larger one, which cost about £115 after currency conversions, had an unusual and substantial flaw, and would need replacing. Naturally, they asked if I could send a photo or two. My mobile phone is not set up for email however, I live on my own, and didn't know anyone to ask. They sent a replacement board anyway.

I wasn't particularly looking forward to getting the faulty board back. It was well packaged, arriving in a box within a much larger box, which I'd have to lug a mile to town as I don't have a car. But I knew if I didn't, I'd be charged for another board. Wrong.

After receiving the replacement, I enquired about the procedure for returning the faulty board (you need a Return Authorisation Number). Here's their reply:

Hi Colin,

You may keep it for spare parts. No need to return it.

Best regards, Mel

I hadn't even proven to them that the board was actually faulty. That's what I call customer service.

I shall now take the board to a club or two, and get it looked at by craftsmen; then, maybe sell it. If I make anything from it I will donate that (less any fees for repair work) to BMAB. And I'll finally get someone to send a photo or two of the faulty board to American-Wholesaler Inc. of GammonVillage!

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.