[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How are ABT dates determined? ATTN USBGF Rep

Posted By: MishyPoo
Date: Wednesday, 20 February 2019, at 5:44 p.m.

​I was sad to see that the Silicon Valley has been cancelled.
Thank you to Ken Bame for the hard work he put in to that tournament.

BUT.............

A few years ago when Jeb gave up Charlotte and that weekend was free, I was aware that more than one TD would have liked to have that prime Labor Day weekend spot for their tournament.

When I saw that the Silicon Valley was cancelled, I checked the USBGF page and the ABT page, but then found on the ChicagoPoint.com page that the Labor Day weekend had already been snatched up by the Viking Classic. How nice for them, though rather odd, since a new date (different) had already been announced for the Viking Classic a short while ago.

I am left wondering...How exactly did the Viking Classic so quickly acquire the prime Labor Day weekend spot? It seems to me that the USBGF (who also owns and runs the ABT) had nothing to do with this decision and it was basically made by the TDs on their own. I could be very wrong about this, but this is the impression I got. I also found out that April Kennedy, who co-runs the Viking Classic, is also the current head of the TD Action Committee (TDAC) and was probably privy to this information about the Silicon Valley being cancelled well before anybody else was, probably even before the USBGF, who owns and runs the ABT.

So I am asking here on this forum, specifically to a USBGF Representative, how was this decision determined? Why was this date not open to those TDs who expressed interest in that weekend when Jeb gave up the spot a few years ago? Should there not be some sort of process involved other than "April knew about it first so she gets it first" sort of thing? Favoritism seems to be involved here.

Is there a Committee of USBGF Board Representatives that determines this? If not, shouldn't there be?

The optics look bad. Perhaps I am incorrect about these various assumptions, and I sure hope so, but there is a huge lack of transparency involved in this, not to mention a lack of fairness. It is very unethical that the weekend was not offered to tournaments that have been part of the ABT for much longer and/or have a much larger attendance. The Viking Classic is one of the newest tournaments on the circuit, how did they get such a prime weekend? Please clarify.

Thank you, Michelle

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.