[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

XG: What is the meaning of "Total cost" and "Should have won"?

Posted By: sita
Date: Sunday, 3 March 2019, at 5:28 p.m.

Hi all,

I have a problem to understand these two values. My main concern is, that "total cost" is derived from adding probabilities from independent events, which seems odd. "Should have won" seems to be derived from total cost. Correct?

To illustrate my problem, I played a 1pt match, in which I made one player play very strong, and the other one play extremely poor. Nevertheless, I gave the poor player very good rolls, so that he won in the end. I added this match to a new profile. Here is a screenshot of this profile (the decimal comma instead of point is due to the operating system being in German):

So, of his one match, the strong player should have won 2.8. That does not make sense to me, and seems to be consequence of adding the probabilities.

Is there a general flaw in calculating these values, or do I miss something here?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.