[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chicago Open Less than a week away...High Roller Update

Posted By: rory
Date: Saturday, 18 May 2019, at 4:51 a.m.

Last year's Chicago Open shattered the previous attendance record with 144 players in the main event (72/64/8). It looks like we may break that record again as we currently have 121 registered players (61/57/3). If you know any players, especially novice/beginners that may be interested please share my contact info with them or tell them to visit www.chicagoopenbg.com.

All events still have spots open except for the Taki Board Tournament which sold out today. I apologize but I forgot to take photographs of the outside fabric. Here's pic of the board.

Steve Sax and Manny Olszynko had to drop out. Art Moore, Hideaki Ueda, and Fred Chamanara joined the event. Another two players joined the the $800 qualifier making a total of 6 entrants playing an extra round for 1/2 price. The qualifier was scheduled to start at 11:30 AM CST with 11-point matches. Upon the request to have longer matches and agreement by all 6 qualifiers they will now start at 10:30 AM CST and play 15-point matches. There is still one spot open for the $1,600 High Roller Jackpot.

Check out the Winner's Trophy

And the Finalist Trophy

Below is the current list of entrants.

1. Victor Ashkenazi

2. Ralph Burd

3. Ray Fogerlund

4. Fred Chamanara

5. Tobias Hellwag

6. Michihito Kageyama

7. Neil Kazaross

8. Alexandra Knupfer

9. Roberto Litzenberger

10. Art Moore

11. John O'Hagan

12. Gerry Tansey

13. Ian Terry

14. Allen Tish

15. David Todd

16. Hideaki Ueda

17. David Wells

18. Pavel Zaoral

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Warmest Regards,

Rory J Pascar

Director, The Chicago Open Backgammon Tournament

325 Munroe Circle

Des Plaines, IL 60016

(847) 297-3115 (h)

(617) 699-9100 (c)

Rory@chicagoopenbg.com

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.